Ongen Senior Research Associate
Forest Researcher, Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry, Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
PhD: School of Engineering, Laurentian University
Graduate Certificate: Environmental Monitoring and Impact Assessment, Cambrian College
BSc: Biology, Laurentian University
Research & Development: www.ongen.ca
- Air Quality Specialist, Patrick Sprack Limited, Lively, Canada
- Remote Sensing Anlayst, Discovery Air, Sudbury, Canada
- Utilization of industrial emissions
- Microalgae biodiesel production
- Developing algae growth in cold climates
For more details on current research projects, please click here to go to ONGEN...
Publications & Presentations
- Desjardins, S.M., Laamanen, C.A., Basiliko, N., Senhorinho, G.N.A. and Scott, J.A. (2022) Dark stress for improved lipid quantity and quality in bioprospected acid-tolerant green microalgae. FEMS Microbiology Letters. 369:1, fnac057
- Gauthier, M.R., Senhoriho, G.N.A., Basiliko, N., Desjardins, S.M. and Scott, J.A. (2022) Green photosynthetic microalgae from low pH environments associated with mining as a potential source of antioxidants. Industrial Biotechnology. 18:3, 168-175
- Desjardins. S.M., Laamanen, C.A., Basiliko, N. and Scott, J.A. (2021) Selection and re-acclimation of bioprospected acid-tolerant green microalgae suitable for growth at low pH. Extremophiles. 25:2, 129-141
- Laamanen, C.A., Desjardins, S.M., Senhorinho, G.N.A. and Scott, J.A. (2021) Harvesting microalgae for health beneficial dietary supplements. Algal Research. 54, 102189
- Desjardins, S.M., Laamanen, C.A., Basiliko, N. and Scott, J.A. (2020) Utilization of lipid-extracted biomass (LEB) to improve the economic feasibility of biodiesel production from green microalgae. Environmental Reviews. 28:3, 325-338
- Desjardins,S., Quesnel, W., Muinonen, S., Laamanen, C.A., Basiliko, N. and Scott, J.A. (2019) Use of acidophilic bioprospected microalgae with industrial off-gas emissions for the production of biodiesel. 22nd Conference on Process Integration, Modelling and Optimization for Energy Saving and Pollution Reduction. Agios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece.
- Desjardins,S., Quesnel, W., Muinonen, S., Laamanen, C.A., Basiliko, N. and Scott, J.A. (2019) Bioprospecting acidophilic and acid-tolerant microalgae for the production of biodiesel. Mining and Environment International Conference. Sudbury, Canada.