PhD Graduate Student
School of Engineering
Supervisor: Dr J A Scott
BEng: Chemical Engineering, Laurentian University
Research & Development: www.ongen.ca
- 2017-2018: Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship
- 2012-2016: Dean's Honour List
- 2011-2016: Chevron Canada Scholarship
- Energy recovery for reuse from process water streams on industrial and mine sites
- Process control strategies and model development
Publications & Presentations
- McLean, S.H., Chenier, J., Muinonen, S., Laamanen, C.A., and Scott, J.A. (2020) Recovery and Repurposing of Thermal Resources in the Mining and Mineral Processing Industry. Journal of Sustainable Mining (accepted)
- McLean, S., Chenier, J., Muinonen, S., Laamanen, C., and Scott, J.A. (2019) Recovery and Application of Low-grade Thermal Resources in the Mining Industry. Presented at the 22nd Conference on Process Integration, Modelling and Optimization for Energy Saving and Pollution Reduction. Agios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece.
- McLean, S., Chenier, J., Muinonen, S., Laamanen, C., and Scott, J.A. (2019) Repurposing of Otherwise Waste Low-grade Heat in Mineral Processing. Presented at the Mining and Environment International Conference. Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.